Chapter 4 of the Strategic Test Suite: Square Vacancy is now available for download.
* Consists of carefully selected 100 questionairres on Square Vacancy
* All the answers carry similar traits:
(1) Occupying the vacant square near the opponent's territory to create more pressure in adjacent areas.
(2) Taking complete control of the vacant square to gain more space over the board
(3) Queen is the piece that creates more pressure if it's placed on a vacant square in opponent's camp.
Recommended Test time:
Short time control: 10 seconds each move.
Intermediate Time Control: 1 minute each move
Long Time Control: 7 minutes each move.
Test Suite Release time: 14th of July, 2009
Swaminathan and Dann Corbit.