Setting Goals - The Heart of the Strategic Plan
Now it is time to set goals and develop an action plan to reach those goals within the next 18-24 months. Your strategic goals should be clear and easy to understand, look to the future of your council, and be realistically achievable.
ILA’s Goals (2016)
KSRA’s Goals (2015)
- Attain and Maintain Financial Stability
- Increase value to our members and beneficiaries of our mission
- Establish ILA as the premier research-based professional home and knowledge source for literacy educators.
- Establish KSRA as the authority in Literacy education
- Increase membership value
- Attain & maintain financial stability
Brainstorm a list of 3-5 goals for your council.
Now that you have developed your goals, it is time to consider the key steps to achieving those goals.
ILA’s Goal & Targets (2015)
KSRA’s Goal and Targets (2016)
Goal: To increase member value.
Develop 4 new member benefits by 2016
Develop native language member resources for two countries by 2014
Increase member retention from 2.5 to 5 years by 2018
Develop customized membership experience (“My ILA”) by 2015-16
|Goal: Increase membership value
- Send welcome/new member emails
- Email blasts about membership benefits
- Establish regional/district contacts
- Create members only section on KSRA website
For each goal on which you agreed, develop an action plan to reach that goal in the next 18-24 months.