History

Stramore House was built in 1692 by William Crozier.

 Thomas Christy bought the house for his stepson Joseph Richardson who built the present  Georgian Stramore house in 1794.

 The yeoman’s tower,  located in the garden, was built  in 1816  by John Nicholson

 In 1865 the House and 206 Acres was sold to Hugh Watson Senior. His portrait hangs in the front hall.

 Hugh Watson bought an additional 70 acres and made improvements to the house in 1870. Hugh Watson died in 1872 but his wife stayed on at Stramore House until her death in 1899. Her portrait hangs on the top landing.

 The house changed hands a number of times over the years but came back into the Watson family eventually.

 In 2006 the House and 7 acres were sold to the current owner Mr Jonathan Moore, who carried out a complete refurbishment to the main house and the stable block to the rear.


Historical links to Stramore House:




From The Linen Houses of The Bann Valley: (Comprehensive detail of the history of Stramore House)

Comments