St Peter's Church is a Church of England parish church in the village of Belmont on the north side of Winter Hill on the edge of the West Pennine Moors. The church was built in 1849 and consecrated on April 1st, 1850.
Today, St Peter's is part of a team of six Anglican churches in four parishes serving communities in the north Bolton and Turton area. Although geographically St Peter's is in the Borough of Blackburn, for historical reasons, it is part of the Diocese of Manchester.
This site provides details of the church community and our regular activities. It also provides a link to the story of how St Peter's Church was built and developed in the second half of the 19th century through a PDF version of a book, St Peter's Church Belmont - the first 50 years.
Our Mission Statement
Together as a Church family we are striving to love God, the community, and each other,
through worship, learning, service and mission.
In worship we aspire to be celebratory, sincere and relevant, encouraging and enabling people of all ages to express and explore their relationship with God.
We acknowledge and value the different levels of faith and understanding that people have. We seek to provide opportunities for nurturing and discipleship within a supportive environment and to offer opportunities for people to identify develop and use their gifts, talents and resources for individual and mutual growth.
We seek to follow Jesus’ example in caring for all with whom we come into contact, whatever their circumstances. We want to support our local community in times of joy and times of need and to share our Church family and its resources with the people around us; that through our love in action we demonstrate God’s love and care for everyone.
We accept with gratitude, wonder and amazement the good news of God’s love for us, revealed in Jesus Christ. In our worship, learning and service we seek to proclaim and demonstrate God’s love to others that they might seek it and know it for themselves.
You can visit us on our