To File a Complaint About a Specific Case

Office of the Family and Children's Ombudsman
This is an independent agency that will investigate complaints against DSHS and intervene if appropriate.  This is your BEST resource for a complaint.

6720 Fort Dent Way, Suite 240
Mail Stop TT-99
Tukwila, WA 98188


Governor Chris Gregoire

The Governor of Washington State is ultimately responsible for everything that happens with DSHS.

Office of the Governor
PO Box 40002
Olympia, WA 98504-0002
(360) 753-4110-fax


Washington State Department of Health

You can file complaints about specific social workers if they have ANY kind of license with the department of health.  You can also check their licenses by clicking on the "Provider Credential Search" link on the left side of the website.

Adjudicative Service Unit
310 Israel Rd
Tumwater, WA 98501
Phone: (360) 236-4677
Fax: (360) 586-2171


Washington State Society for Clinical Social Work

If your social worker is a member you can file a complaint.  If you are not sure if they are a member go ahead and send the complaint anyway.  They will contact you if the social worker is not a member.

PO Box 77264
Seattle, WA 98177


The Administrative Office Of The Courts

You can file complaints against a Guardian Ad Litem here.
1206 Quince Street SE
P.O. Box 41170
Olympia, WA 98504-1170
Office (360) 753-3365
Fax (360) 956-5700



Department of Social and Health Services

You can file a complaint with DSHS but I wouldn't expect anything to happen with this complaint because you are asking them to investigate themselves.

PO Box 45130
Olympia, WA 98504-5130
Fax: 360-902-7855


ACLU of Washington

The ACLU will not take on individual cases but if enough people complain about their rights being violated they may take action.

Executive Director

901 Fifth Avenue #630

Seattle, WA 98164


Office of Administrative Hearings

This is an independent state agency that will review the facts and the law and can make a decision about your case.

Olympia Office

PO Box 42488
Olympia, WA 98504-2488

(360) 407-2700
(360) 664-8721-fax


Tacoma Office

Rhodes Building
949 Market Street Suite 500
Tacoma WA 98402

(253) 476-6888
(253) 593-2200 (Fax)


Commission on Judicial Conduct

If you feel that a judge has treated you unfairly you can file a complaint here.  I filed a complaint against Judge John McCarthy which was denied.  I found out that he is the superior court representative for the commission so my complaint didn't stand a chance.  Hopefully you will have better luck with this than I did.

P.O. Box 1817

Olympia, WA 98507

(360) 753-4585

FAX: (360) 586-2918 complaint form


Washington State Bar Association

If you feel that you were treated unfairly by your lawyer you can file a complaint here.

1325 Fourth Ave., Ste. 600
Seattle, WA 98101-2539

800-945-WSBA (9722)
(206) 727-8325-fax Complaint form


Office of Lieutenant Owen

Lt. Governor Brad Owen is second in command for the State of Washington.

Office of the Lt. Governor
PO Box 40400
Olympia, WA 98504-0400

Phone: (360) 786-7700
FAX: (360) 786-7749