HUD Form

posted Jul 20, 2016, 4:29 PM by Jonathan Fleming   [ updated Aug 17, 2016, 3:51 PM by Stop2500Senter Stop Illegal Homeless Segregation ]
We need your help to stop this shelter by filing a complaint (Form 903Complaint) with the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development.

File online using the steps below or the template to the right (easiest) or call (415) 489-6400 and leave a message with the below information

Follow the graphic to the right!
  1. Please click the following link (opens in a new window):
  2. Click on the box that says, "Housing Discrimination Complaint"
  3. Copy and paste the following in the corresponding sections: 
Box 1: 
I am filing a HUD complaint about Segregation, discrimination, and over-saturation.  We are challenging the practices of the City of San Jose in reference to the following project: Renascent Place 2500 Senter Road, San Jose CA 95111

Box 2:
A neighbor, already submitted a complaint and has an assigned HUD staff member. We are providing you graphs. It is based on City Council Districts. Our community appealed the decision, as a [state RESIDENT OR HOMEOWNER], on zoning changes from the planning commission that will allow more affordable housing into District 7 which already has its fair amount of this housing stock. We lost our appeal. Finally, our community surrounds the new affordable housing project and we collected close to 400 signatures addressing concerns of this new project at (Renascent Place) 2500 Senter Road, San Jose CA.

Box 3. 
First Name: City of San Jose 
Last Name: County of Santa Clara 
Organization: Government 
Address: 200 East Santa Clara Street an Jose, CA 95113

Box 4. 
Address: 2500 Senter Road 
City: San Jose 
State: CA 
Zip: 95111

Box 5.

Submit the form and you are done!

When they call you back they will provide you with an email address for your specific complaint.  Please respond and attach the following images found here documenting "special needs" persons housed in each district of San Jose.  "Special Needs" is the city's way of saying homeless and Chronically Homeless.  

Please send an email and letting us know that you have filed a complaint so that we can keep an independent record of all complaints made. Or fill out the tracking form below:

HUD Complaint Tracking