St. Mary’s Hockey Club is one of the most popular and well organised sports clubs in college, as well as being the biggest. The main reason people join is because of the friendly atmosphere and the fun involved in playing for the club.
Emphasis on fun and fitness:
- Travel to Dublin for Doxbridge and play against other colleges from Durham, Oxford and Cambridge.
- Anyone is welcome to play, no matter the standard.
- Our mixed socials are always popular and this year has seen themes such as Once Upon a Time, Something Beginning with H’, Old Macdonald, and of course, neon.
We play to a high level:
- The women’s team were promoted at the end of last season so are now in the premiership, and joint 3rd on points, only in 4th place on goal difference.
- The men’s team were promoted last year and are playing in the premiership so hopefully the standard of hockey will be higher. We have a lot to live up to with the Men's team of 09/10 winning all but one game in the Division 1.
Great standard of training:
- We train once a week on the water-based astro at Maiden Castle (Tuesday 9-10pm) and if you come to training you are pretty much guaranteed to play in the matches at some point.
- Hockey sticks and goalie equipment can be borrowed and we have trained coaches on hand to offer advice so don’t worry if you don’t have the kit or if you’ve never played before; just come and have a go.
Your club captains, Nomes and Michael.
Contact us at: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or with any questions.
For a full list of the hockey exec click HERE.
Click HERE to return to the JCR website