History‎ > ‎

1948 - 2004

1948 to 2004

Subsequent Ukrainian immigrants added to the size of the parish. The newcomers were better educated and occupationally more advanced. The most recently arrived representing the professions. In 1954, the parish numbered 132 families. In 1948, the parish became a member of the Ukrainian Catholic Diocese through the efforts of Fr. B. Izak. In 1953, Fr. Korchinsky Initiated the drive for funds which permitted construction of a new church. The present structure with gilded Byzantine cupola traditionally symbolizing Ukrainian spiritual culture is the result, a product of the dedicated labors of the committee composed of Msgrs. Semkow, Malioczka, Kulynych, Romanowych, Techlowec, Messrs. Semkow, Mal ioczka, Kulynych, Romanowych, Techlowec, Kachorowsky, Dvkyj, and Towpacz.