St Mark's Anglican Family Church
WELCOME to St Mark’s, Balclutha,
a lively Anglican family church in rural
South Otago, New Zealand
 
19 Renfrew St, Balclutha/ 03 4181033

 

We welcome people of all ages and backgrounds,

offering a variety of worship services,

groups and activities,

which aim to help everyone 'Know Jesus and Make Him Known'.

Please follow the links to find out more or contact us.
 

HISTORY

 

We can trace our early beginnings to a service in a tent in Clinton in 1854. The first St Mark’s church opened in 1875. Over the years the parish has incorporated churches in the surrounding districts of Clydevale, Clinton, Stirling, Kaitangata and Owaka. 


The current church of St Mark in Balclutha was opened in 1960.

We've added a new hall and upgraded facilities, making St Mark’s a well-used venue for many church and community functions.  

 

We belong to the Diocese of Dunedin,
under the Bishop of Dunedin,

Rt Revd Kelvin Wright.  

See his blog: http://vendr.blogspot.com/

 

 

Subpages (1): Calendar