Parish: St Luke's Gamston & Bridgford
The separate parish of Gamston & Bridgford was formally constituted on 1st August 1990. Until then it was officially the daughter church of St Giles' Parish Church, West Bridgford. Its members originally started to worship in separate, originally temporary, premises in 1951.
Ministers serving St Luke's were curates or priests-in-charge, usually for short periods. John Wood served as minister for 13 years, and was Vicar from 1990. Steve Silvester was Vicar from 1996 until moving to St Nic's, Nottingham in 2007. Carol Tainton was Curate from 1999 to 2003 followed by Ron Bushyager from 2004 to 2007. The current Vicar Mark Fraser was installed as Priest-in-Charge by the Bishop of Southwell & Nottingham on 14 September 2008. Mark was joined by Curate Revd Tim Parker in July 2010.