St. Bede's Catholic Church, Newport Pagnell
St Vincent de Paul Society (SVP)
Vincent de Paul Society of St. Bede's and Christ the King, Kents Hill,
aims to bring the love of Christ to the poor and suffering.
tries to find those in need and to serve them through person to person
contact, irrespective of age, colour, creed, gender or ideology.
The main activity is visiting the sick and the elderly.
- We are non-judgemental
- We respect the dignity and wishes of the individual at all times
- We are generous with our time, our possessions and ourselves
- To look at society from the perspective of people who are excluded
- To become more compassionate and caring and
- To be commited to the elimination of poverty and suffering.
is open to men and women, young and old, of any denomination. The SVP
only asks that members accept fully the Christian ethos of the Society,
and are committed to express their love of God through personal service
to their neighbour. The SVP respects religious liberty and values all
The Castlemead Court care centre
in the grounds of the old Green - one of several care homes in Newport