posted Jan 24, 2011, 6:31 PM by Andrew Rosenthal
Opportunity with exciting new health 2.0 seed accelerator
Two ECs are looking for an intern passionate about technology, entrepreneurship, and health to help launch Rock Health this spring. In a nutshell, we'll be the Y-Combinator for health apps, offering resources (i.e. office space in SF, mentorship, key relationships with top hospitals and government agencies, and access to capital) to a handful of selected "fellows".
As with any startup, the role will be flexible and diverse-- from helping to develop a marketing plan to meeting with investors to selecting "fellows". We want someone who can put in time this semester in Boston, and work with us full time this summer in San Francisco. Excellent opportunity for exposure to venture capitalists, silicon valley entrepreneurs, and health experts.
About us: we've been working on Rock Health for almost a year, under the advisory of Bob Higgins (HBS professor and founder of Highland Capital). The HBS team consists of:
- Halle Tecco (Formerly led health vertical at Apple’s App Store; Founder Yoga Bear; Writer at Forbes & Huffington Post; Harvard MBA '11)
- Nate Gross (Emory MD, Harvard MBA '11, most recently built Doximity- a social network for physicians )
- Evan Baehr (Associate at Facebook; formerly VC with Peter Thiel; White House Fellow; Harvard MBA '11)
External advisors include:
- James Higa (Senior Director in the Office of the CEO at Apple)
- Jeff Tangney (Co-Founder, Epocrates; Founder, Doximity)
- Jeff Hammerbacher (Founder, Cloudera; formerly head of data at Facebook)
- Ron Gutman (Founder, HealthTap; Founder, Wellsphere, TED speaker)
If you're interested, please email email@example.com.