Start Timer is an Android application for yacht racers and tacticians. It's purpose is to assist with timed approaches to the start line.
My name is Ken Ellinwood. I'm a sailor, keel-boat buoy racer, and software developer. This application came to life recently when I found myself onboard without a suitable clock for timing the start. The first version of this application was developed in about four hours and I've been slowly tweaking it ever since.
Its a simple application with one purpose -- to get a great start!
- Displays start time, current time, and time remaining to start (countdown timer)
- Several ways to set, adjust, and postpone the start time
- Timed approach assist -- currently supporting the reach-out-and-back maneuver -- displays a countdown timer indicating when to turn back for the start.
- Clock offset adjustment for syncing the application's timebase to atomic/GPS time.
- Automatic 24-hour rollover.
Please review the documentation
for more details.
But Its Wet Out There!
Worried about your phone getting wet on the race course? Try putting it in a Ziploc sandwich baggie. It turns out the touch screen display on the Droid Eris works even when covered by this type of plastic.
Check out the documentation
, then download and install