The knapped flint church is Grade 2 listed and has a particularly special interior with original carvings and fittings. It was built in 1838, but records of a church here go back to the 13th century and it has been a place of worship since the 8th century.
SPS maintains the church for visiting, for events such as wedding blessings and funerals and as exhibition space after it was declared redundant, under licence from the Diocese. Blessings and funerals require permission from the Diocese. We open the church for visits every Sunday 2-5 in summer and 2-4 in winter, and other times by arrangement. We maintain, light and heat the building. Email us for lettings information.
A survey performed with help from Friends of Friendless Churches shows that building repairs are becoming urgent to keep the building standing. We are in discussions about how best to raise the money to do this.