Our current WC club president will be finishing his Ph.D, and thus leave Stanford. Come on 12/14/2016 and help celebrate his accomplishments and departure! There will be snacks and drinks, but please bring a little something to share.
The party will be during out regular WC Class on Wed 12/14/2016. Come workout and celebrate!
First, Ken is back, so Friday class (including 12/2) will resume. Additionally, with my ankle recovering a bit more, I will attempt to hold Friday night classes even when Ken is not in town. So, until otherwise noted, Friday classes will be held on a regular basis.
So pls join us in our Friday classes!
Hope everyone had a happy Thanksgiving.
Ken should be back to hold class tonight!
Come and work off some of that turkey.
Dan has verified that the Ford Center will be open around Thanksgiving. That means there will definitely be classes on Wed and (possibly) on Fri!
Hope to see everyone there! I for one will need a workout before the stuffing :)
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
There is not enough interest, so no Wing Chun class this Friday. BTW Ken will also be back next week; probably Wed. Friday classes should resume with Ken in town.
Come get a good workout before that big Thanksgiving dinner!
Safe travels to those who won't be here next week!
I received this invitation to watch the UFC 205 event and have cut and pasted it below... Contact them directly if you have any interest.
The 2017 China Kung Fu Tour is now set for Oct 2017. Below is the itinerary (sorry for the formatting. Limitation of this posting). All further inquiries should be sent to Ronald Eng <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Kung Fu China Tour 2017
Itinerary- 10 days 9 nights Tour
-Tour starts October 7, 2017 or thereabout, arriving in Shanghai, China.
-Assume group size of 25, tour bus pick up at the Shanghai Pudong International Airport.
-2 nights stay in Shanghai city, 1 day sightseeing city tour, 1 day to various Kung Fu places.
-Air or Rapid transit to Zhengzhou , 1 night stay in Zhengzhou. Visit Shaolin Temple and Longmen caves which are world famous for finest Chinese Buddhist art.
-1 night stay at Chen Jia Gou (Famous Tai Chi place), visit Chen style Tai Ji Quan Guan, and other Kung Fu places.
-Air or rapid transit to Guangzhou, 1 night stay in Guangzhou with 1 day city sightseeing tour.
-1 night stay at nearby Foshan city, visit Ip Man Tong Memorial and other Kung Fu places.
1 night stay at Dongguan, visit other Kung Fu places.
Direct Bus transit to Hong Kong, 2 nights stay in Kowloon, Hong Kong. Visit Hong Kong Ip Man Tong, Leung Sheung Tong, and other Kung Fu places.
1. Hotels are to be at least 4 stars. Please give an add for single occupancy supplement.
2. Breakfast and lunch are to be included in group fare. Our group leader Sifu will handle dinner reservations separately.
3. Gratuities are either to be included or rate is to be advised, if we need to pay separately.
4. Tour bus is to be included and available from morning and back to hotel after dinner, or drop off at the train station or Airport.
5. English speaking tour guide and tour bus will be required for the entire tour from Shanghai to Hong Kong.
6. Most tour members (about 18, exact number to be determined) will depart from San Francisco to Shanghai, then after the tour end in Hong Kong, back to San Francisco. A quote is required to include international airfare but the return date from Hong Kong to San Francisco should be flexible or open ticket. For other members, please give a separate quote just for the tour from Shanghai and ending in Hong Kong.
7. All entrance tickets for any tour sites are to be included. No shopping bus stop required.
Ken will be out of town, and there doesn't seem to be enough interest.
No WC class this Friday 11/4
I'm working on getting new T-shirts made!
But I need some idea as to how many T-shirts everyone wants. This is not a commitment, but I do need an idea as to quantity to get costs calculations. For those in our class, pls send email to me (JL). If you're not in the Stanford class, pls email to this website's contact.
The 28 Oct Friday class is ON!
Please try and make the class if you want Friday classes to continue.