Below is a history of our HP Catalyst Project (as the project progresses) additional items will be added.
1) Building the Sister School Relationship:The first event occurred in April 2009 when Principal Jan Rossman and Assistant Principal Bryan Olkowski travelled to Shandong Province in China to establish a Sister School relationship. Click on the attachment entitled, "China Trip" below.
2) Winning the HP Catalyst Grant Award and attending the HP Catalyst Global Summit. Please see the following blog from New Delhi, India! March 2011
Please check out the HP Catalyst Summit on youtube - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUG2TPu6RnQ
3) Scofield Educators travel to China to teach Sister School teachers how to conduct Water Quality Testing. Check out the following link - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peIUgxotVb0
4) Scofield educators presented the STEM Project on Water Quality Testing at a Congressional Briefing. Check out the following link - http://stamford.patch.com/articles/scofields-stem-initiatives-shown-to-congress
5) Scofield hosted a Chinese Educational Delegation from its Sister School (The Middle School Attached to Shandong University) in September 2011. The Chinese Delegation consisted of 16 students and 3 teachers. During this visit, Stamford and Jinan students worked together to conduct water quality testing at the Long Island Sound. Check out the following links, which tell our story:
a) go to this website - http://www.itsrelevant.com/latest
Type in "Scofield" in the search box to get four videos on the Scofield Water Project.
b) The Stamford Advocate - the big local newspaper in town
c) Stamford Patch - another local newspaper
d) Stamford Daily - Another local newspaper
e) Stamford Daily - Another local newspaper
f)Stamford Advocate - article about Water Testing in Stamford (pre HP Catalyst Initiative - during the Innovations in
g) It's Relevant Online Newspaper -
6) Scofield Teachers travel to the 2012 HP Summit held in Beijing before visiting their Sister School in Jinan, Shandong Province, China. Check our Mrs. Heller's Blog - http://blog.travelpod.com/travel-blog/laheller/1/tpod.html