1. What's the easier to remember URL for this page?
http://cm.texasbsmstaff.org or http://cmi.texasbsmstaff.org
2. Have further questions after reading below?
Ask your BSM Director or contact Robert Hooker at 214-385-9127 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your mission field will be a college campus in Texas. As a Campus Missionary, you will be heavily involved in evangelism and discipleship through coaching students, prayer-walking, servant-evangelism, luncheons, and leading small groups. This position for ministry will allow you to use your gifts and be challenged to go beyond your comfort zone to reach students. On some campuses, you may also be assigned to focus on athletes or fraternity and sorority members. Some Campus Missionaries may also have a focus on International students by teaching conversational English classes, assisting with weekly international gatherings and special events. Several positions are available specifically for African-American and Hispanic students.
SPECIAL NOTE: CMI applicants will complete the CAMPUS MISSIONARY APPLICATION, not the Go Now application. You WILL NOT attend Discovery Weekend in February. You WILL attend the Campus Missionary Interview Weekend in April. You will NOT attend the Go Now Orientation for Summer, Impact and Fall Semester applicants in May. You WILL attend Campus Missionary Training in July and January.
- Location: College Campuses in Texas
- Special Requirements: Recent college graduate (by December 31) that has been involved in BSM and/or church leadership and ministry. Must be member of a Baptist church.
- Team: 60 Students
- Amount You Raise: $3300 (total cost of project $6400)
- Dates of Service: July 24, 2017 - May 11, 2018
- Application Deadline: April 1, 2017
- Interview Weekend: April 21-23, 2017
- Training: July 24-27, 2017 and January 2-4, 2018
6. On what campus would I serve?
Usually the campus from which you graduate, but sometimes on another campus. The BSM Director, the Campus Missionary candidate, and the State Office Staff would make that decision together.
8. What about pay?
Campus Missionaries are volunteers, just like all Go Now Missionaries. They are provided housing and up to $600 per month for normal, qualified living expenses.
9. How do I apply?
Contact your local BSM, then begin the online application. Upon the recommendation of your local BSM you will be invited to the Interview Weekend.
10. Resources for current Campus Missionary Interns
Baptist Student Ministry | email@example.com | This page last updated: 02/10/2017