The Symposium on Theoretical Aspects of Computer Science (STACS) takes place each year since 1984, alternately in Germany and France.
Typical topics of the conference include:
- Algorithms and data structures, including: parallel and distributed
algorithms, computational geometry, cryptography, algorithmic learning
- Automata and formal languages;
- Computational and structural complexity
- Logic in computer science, including: semantics, specification, and verification of programs, rewriting and deduction;
- Current challenges, for example: biological computing, quantum computing, mobile and net computing.