posted Jan 15, 2012, 9:56 PM by SSCP Calendar
updated Mar 30, 2012, 10:04 PM
Here are some of the APS events planned by SSCP and the Academy of Psychological Clinical Science for the clinical track.
1. SSCP Distinguished Scientiest Award Address - William Pelham - "Are We Overmedicating America's Children? Psychosocial, Pharmacological, Combined, and Sequenced Interventions for ADHD"
2. SSCP President Address - Richard Heimberg - "Teach Your Students Well: Mentoring Doctoral Students to be Clinical Scientists in the 21st Century"
3. Clinical Track Address – David Barlow, Boston University - "Science and Practice in clinical psychology in 2012 and beyond"
4. Clinical Track Address – Joseph Gone, University of Michigan - “Culture as Treatment for American Indian Mental Health Problems: Pursuing Evidence through Community Collaborations”
5. Symposium - Advances and Applications in Single Case Design (Methodology and Clinical Tracks)
6. Symposium - Gene-Environment Interactions of Psychological Traits (Biological/Neuroscience and Clinical Tracks)
- Presenter: Thomas Kratochwill, University of Wisconsin
- Presenter: Matthew Nock, Harvard University
- Presenter: Patrick Onghena, Catholic University of Leuven, Belgium
- Discussant: David Barlow, Boston University
- Presenter: Elizabeth Hayden, University of Western Ontario, Canada
- Presenter: Danielle Dick, Virginia Institute for Psychiatric and Behavioral Genetics
- Presenter: S. Alexandra Burt, Michigan State University
7. Symposium - Current Directions in ADHD Research (Cognitive and Clinical Tracks)
- Presenter: Cynthia Huang-Pollock, Pennsylvania State University
- Presenter: Tiago V. Maia, Columbia University
- Presenter: Rick Mayes, University of Richmond
- Presenter: Richard Milich, University of Kentucky
8. Thursday Morning Clinical Psychology Workshop: Title: Treating Couples Struggling with Infidelity
- Douglas K. Snyder, Texas A & M
9. Thursday Afternoon Psychology Forum: Title: Organizational Efforts to Disseminate and Implement Empirically-Supported Interventions in Health Care
- Chair: Lea R. Dougherty, Ph.D., University of Maryland, College Park
- Chair/Discussant: Antonette Zeiss, Ph.D., Department of Veterans Affairs
- Presenter: Afsoon Eftekhari, Ph.D., National Center for PTSD
- Presenter: Patricia Resick, Ph.D., ABPP, National Center for PTSD
- Presenter: Shirley M. Glynn, Ph.D, VA Office of Mental Health Services
- Presenter: Kellie Crowe, Ph.D., Wilford Hall Ambulatory Surgical Center
- Presenter: Bradley E. Karlin, Ph.D., VA Central Office
10. Thursday Afternoon Psychology Forum: “Redefining Clinical Science Training: Progress Report on the Delaware Project"
- Chair: Varda Shoham, Ph.D., University of Arizona and the National Institute of Mental Health
- Lisa Onken, Ph.D., National Institute on Drug Abuse, Redefining the Clinical Science Vision
- Howard Berenbaum, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Redefining Coursework
- Robert W. Levenson, University of California, Berkeley, Redefining Practicum
- Bruce F. Chorpita, University of California, Los Angeles, Redefining Externship
- Timothy J. Strauman, Duke University, Redefining Internship
- Kimberly Hoagwood, Columbia University, Redefining Postdoctoral Experience
- Varda Shoham, University of Arizona and the National Institute of Mental Health, Redefining Training Continuities