Microsoft Office "Word 2007"
MAIN PAGE | RESOURCES | South Seattle Community College :: A Teaching & Learning Center Workshop
Let's look at our new & improved WORD 2007 toys
Fluent Interface, the Ribbon, its QUICK ACCESS toolbar, and the Office Button are just a few of the new 'buzz terms' you'll be working with in Microsoft's Office 2007 products.
- Live Preview - Apply "Quick Styles" to text, images and tables!
- Building Blocks - create customized layouts
- SmartArt diagrams and a new charting engine add professional look.
- Document Themes - apply pre-built complimentary fonts, colors, shapes, etc.
- Reference Builder - for academic pubishing!
- Document Inspector - streamline document review for greater/simplier control of your work. Remove Track changes, comments and meta data - turn off spell checking and prevent changes!
- Live word count is always in view in the new Office Fluent user interface.
- Compose and publish blogs directly from within Word to many common blog services including Blogger, TypePad, Community Server, and more.
- The Equation Builder construct editable, in-line mathematical equations using real mathematical symbols, prebuilt equations, and automatic formatting.
- Typographic capabilitiesimproved bulleted and numbered lists, numbered list styles, and new fonts designed to improve on-screen reading.
- Citation Manager and Reference Builder give you the ability to add references, footnotes, endnotes, tables of contents, tables of figures or tables of authorities. Format your reference automatically by selecting a predefined style guide, including APA, MLA, The Chicago Manual of Style, and others.
- Speech recognition is gone in Word. In Microsoft Office Excel 2007, you can use text-to-speech functionality, which is different from speech recognition. To use text-to-speech commands, see I can't convert text to speech, which includes the information
Let's peruse the following WORD 2007 Resources to help
get you started/ review your new application features ~ when you have time!
- (basic product demohttp://office.microsoft.com/en-us/word/HA101672751033.aspx
- (11 more demos)http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/word/CH100740901033.aspx?pid=CL100729331033
- (help/how to)http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/word/FX100649251033.aspx?CTT=96&Origin=CL100636481033&ofcresset=1
- (my favorite training resource is Lynda.com – first few chapters are FREE!)http://movielibrary.lynda.com/html/modListing.asp?pid=230
- (another decent training house is VTC.com – first 3 chapters are FREE!)http://www.vtc.com/products/Microsoft-Word-2007-tutorials.htm
Copyright 2008 ~ Developed by TLC/DL Coordinator Sara Newman