Suzuki Royal Oak Institute of Music - FAQs
· How much does musical instruction for my child cost? $176.20 per month
· How much time does it involve? On average 2 hours and 15 minutes a week; total (45 minute group class, 30 minute private lesson, and 10 minutes for daily practice in the beginning).
· Which instruments does Suzuki Royal Oak offer? Violin, Viola, Cello, Classical Guitar and Piano.
· What is the schedule? Weekly group classes are held for all instruments according to the schedule on each instrument's registration form. Weekly private lessons are scheduled with the teacher at a mutually convenient time.
· Where does the group class and private lesson take place? Group classes and some private lessons are held at our school in Royal Oak. Some private teachers also teach out of their homes.
· When can I start? We accept new students year-round!
· What does the parent have to do? Come to the group class and private lesson and practice with your child at home.
· Does the parent have to be musical? No, we help parents learn how to work with their child. Any parent can do it!
· Can working families do this? Yes, we have many families with both parents working. We help you find a lesson time that is convenient, and give you the support to make it a success.
· What are my next steps?
1. Observe a group class or a private lesson. (optional)
2. Sign up for a Parent Orientation Class.
3. Meet with your new private teacher, and set up a lesson time.
4. Rent your instrument, obtain your music book and CD, and begin your journey.
You can either call or email Mrs. Vojtisek, Assistant Director (firstname.lastname@example.org / 248.766.9317) to begin the process.
Prospective Families >