Suzuki Royal Oak Institute of Music is dedicated to enriching the lives of students and
their families through the principles and philosophies of the Suzuki method.
Values and Guiding Principles
- Every child can learn;
- Excellence and beauty are worth pursuing for their own sake;
- Musical education is a commitment on the level of other educational endeavors;
- Communities are enriched when the arts are thriving.
SRO exists to provide:
- An excellent musical education taught by accomplished faculty with exceptional program content and superb performance opportunities;
- Highly trained SAA-registered instructors who can provide comprehensive instruction for ages 3-18;
- An organizational culture of continual self-improvement;
- A cooperative learning environment between the parent, teacher and student;
- A whole child education which inspires a lifelong love of learning;
- A climate of respect and dignity;
- A safe and non-competitive environment which creates positive experiences, increases confidence, and builds character.