- Awarded Mannargudi Natesa Pillai Award, instituted by Sri Raagam Fine Arts, Chennai, presented by Dr. M Balamuralikrishna in 1996.
- Kalaimamani Award by the Government of Tamil Nadu in 1998
- Best Upapakkavadhyam Award from the Music Academy, instituted by Dr. Ramamurthy, in 1998 & 2001.
- Honoured as the Asthana Vidwan of Sri Kanchi Kamakoti Peetam in the year 2000.
- Best Upapakkavadhyam Award from Narada Gana Sabha, instituted by Obul Reddy, in 2003.
- Lifetime Achievement Award in the field of Carnatic Music from the Kanchi Kamakoti Peetam in 2003.
- Meritorious Award for achievement in Carnatic Music, instituted by the Maharajapuram Santhanam Foundation, Chennai in 2005.
- Vani Kala Sudhakara award for the most proficient morsing vidwan, instituted by Sri Thyaga Bhrama Gana Sabha, Chennai in 2005.
- Lifetime Achievement Award in the field of Carnatic Music from Sri Sachidananda Swamy of Datta Peetam, Mysore in 2006
- Nada Vidya Bhupathi, instituted by Nada Dweepam Trust, Chennai in 2009.