Yield: 12-17 Lollipops
2 cups sugar
2/3 cup corn syrup
2/3 cup water
2 tablespoons Sriracha sauce, divided
1/4- 1/2 tsp. orange gel food coloring
- Lightly grease candy mold with cooking spray.
- Stir together the sugar, corn syrup, and water in a small saucepan and insert a candy thermometer into the mixture.
- Bring the mixture to a boil over medium high heat. Continue to heat without stirring until the bubbling mixture reaches 244°F. Drop one level tbsp. Sriracha sauce into the bubbling mixture– do not stir! When the mixture reaches the hard crack stage (302-310°F). Remove pan from heat.
- Stir in the remaining 1 tbsp. Sriracha sauce and food coloring. Be extra careful because the mixture will bubble and sputter with these additions.
- When the mixture has stopped bubbling, pour it into molds and let harden.
- Wrap the cooled lollipops in cellophane or wax paper and store in an airtight container.