Sprague Public Library
Connecticut Libraries Need Your Help! You Can Make a Difference!
Connecticut’s public libraries are Dead on Arrival in this year’s proposed state budget.
The proposed budget not only zeroes out funding but eliminates the enabling statutes that allow needed library programs and services to exist.
We need your help. Please use these talking points when you communicate with your Legislators.
The Legislature should restore $2M in funding to Connecticard, Cooperating Library Service Units (CLC) and Grants to Public Libraries. Tell the Governor and your Legislators that you want them to:
- Restore $1.25M to Connecticard;
- Restore $500,000 to Cooperating Library Service Units (CLC);
- Restore $250,000 to Grants to Public Libraries.
The Governor’s budget proposes to eliminate funding for Connecticard, CLC, and Grants to Public Libraries.
What this means for YOU:
- Connecticut residents will no longer be able to borrow materials from any public library across the state (no more Connecticard);
- There will be no Interlibrary Loan because there will be no delivery system (no Connecticar van);
- There will be no basic support for public libraries because state grants will be eliminated;
- There will be no group discounts --- which saves libraries thousands of dollars each year.
We need your help. You can make a difference. Contact your Legislators and the Governor:
Governor: Dannel P. Malloy; 220 Capitol Avenue,Hartford, CT 06106; Phone: 1-800-406-1527; Fax: 860-524-7395;