To complete a full systems test, the CanSat team plans to due an on-site dress rehearsal of the competition. We've developed a 104 inch carbon fiber rocket, the motor has been purchased, and the fins are being machined.
Below is the CAD part in the Surfcam application. A simulation of the path the end mill will take gives us a good idea of what to look for when the actual machining is happening.
CanSat team has been at full throttle. Campus has been closed for two weeks, so we have been working out off my dining room table. Now we are back home, in our lab. Yesterday we performed a range test on the radios. Today we will attempt a sensor flight onboard a remote control aircraft.
With just weeks left, we are sure to have an awesome project.
Tonight we found a few ways not to get the programming to work. We identified that the AVRISP mkii is only a programmer and not a debugger unit. Tomorrow, we should be able to get some programming to work...
We tested a new separation tool, NanoMuscle.
Tonight we were able to test the voltage regulator.
We wired the voltage regulator, microprocessor, accelerometer, and pressure sensor for programming.
Friday, we were able to test the descent control systems. The mission was to calculate the coefficient of drag for the two descent control designs. Also, we were able to test the rapid prototype fabrication technique, as it was used to mount the CanSat hardware to test.
The test proved successful. The acquired data and information gathered is helping us improve our design.
1-10 of 11