(This countdown has almost run out...)JetFire- UAHuntsville CanSat Team 2010-2011
- Accepted into competition and ready to win!
- The 2011 Competition Requires
- Deploys from rocket at 1km
- Splits into two units at 500m, the Carrier and the Lander
- Lander hosts and egg for flight duration and falls at 5.5 m/s and measures force of landing
- Carrier has a GPS and Radio on board and falls at 4 m/s
- PDR is available in the archive, here.
What is CanSat? http://www.cansatcompetition.com
- Team work, collaboration among subsystem groups and team leads
- Create professional project timeline and present PDR, CDR, and FDR to CanSat superiors
- Programming, Electrical and Mechanical design work
- Collect and telemeter data:
- Real-time descent data
- Ground temperature
- Landscape picture
- CanSat System Requirements:
- Weight Limit: 500g
- Cost less than $1000 U.S.
- Dimension limit: 72mm x 279mm cylinder
- Descent rate limit: 2.2 m/s to 4.6m/s
- Comply with all field safety regulations
- Must be ready to launch in provided time window
- More Information
- See the Archives section for design reports and presentations.