Quick office is an app that allows users to created, edit, and view documents in a variety of file formats on their iPad. When used in conjunction with Google Apps for Education, quick office extends the usefulness and functionality of Google Docs on the iPad
To view an annotated screen shot of Quick Office, click here.
To view an annotated screen shot of the editing screen, click here.
Setting Up Quick Office
The first time you use Quick Office you will need to connect it to your Google Docs Account.
To do so, click the "+" button in the bottom left corner and select "Google Docs." Input your SCS email and password to connect your account.
Note: you are welcome to connect multiple Google Docs accounts, i.e. your SCS Google Apps account and a personal Gmail account, etc.
1. Quick Office allows you to created and edit Google Docs Presentations. This is great because you cannot edit a Google Presentation by using the browser version of Google Docs.
2. Quick office allows for off-line reading and editing of documents. If you won't have Wi-Fi for a while, save your documents to your iPad to continue working without internet connectivity.
3. Save your documents to Google Docs, not to your iPad! This will enable you to edit your document from any web-enabled device and will ensure that your files are backed-up.
Opening/Editing Existing Documents
1. Click on the document you would like to edit.
2. Clicking on the document or table will bring up the keyboard and allow you to edit.
3. Quick office supports basic text formatting (bold, italic, underline, billeting, etc). Click on the "Geared A" in the top right corner to view your formatting options.
Creating New Documents
1. Click on the "new document" icon (bottom right)
2. Select The type of document you wish to create:
3. After editing your document, click close (upper right corner) and "Save". Provide a file name and then click on a "drive":