Status Update: DCP staff is finishing work on the South and Southeast Los Angeles Combined Draft Environmental Impact Report (DEIR), and we anticipate releasing the Draft in late October.
We are currently in the Technical Phase of the NCP process. Work is underway to analyze the impacts of the plan in a combined Draft Environmental Impact Report (DEIR) for the South and Southeast Los Angeles Community Plan updates. The DEIR is expected to be released late summer 2016.
What's Been Done:
The New Community Plan (NCP) process began in 2007 with a survey of the land use of the Plan Area. This was followed by a series of small group meetings held throughout South Los Angeles to identify community concerns. (See Issues & Opportunities Summary)
Using this public input, we created a concept of the NCP and had a second round of outreach to share what we learned from the community, and to explore potential implementation alternatives. This conceptual plan was presented at two community-wide public workshops in October and November of 2009 where we obtained additional community input. (See Concept map) An additional round of briefings with area Neighborhood Councils and interested organizations took place in 2013/2014.
Draft Plan documents are now available online, and we welcome your comments:
- Post Additional Plan documents:
- Draft Environmental Impact Report (DEIR)
- Matrix and Map with proposed zone and land use changes
- Community Outreach
- Present draft plan documents to Neighborhood Councils and other stakeholders
- Open House: Present Proposed Plan and CPIO (TBD)
- Public Hearing: Receive comments/testimony from the community (TBD)
- Adoption Phase
- South Los Angeles Area Planning Commission (APC)
- City Planning Commission (CPC)
- Planning & Land Use Management Committee (PLUM)
- City Council