Click here to review a summary of the Issues & Opportunities identified by the community during our Public Outreach phase. We then took this public input to create a concept of the NCP. This conceptual plan was presented during a series of small community meetings held throughout the Plan Area culminating in two community-wide public workshops. Concept map
Since then we have been in the Technical Phase of the NCP process which includes creating a draft plan and analyzing the impacts of the plan in a draft Environmental Impact Report (EIR).
In December 2012 we released the Preliminary Draft of the South LA Community Plan Policy Document for public review and more recently in September 2013 we released the draft of the South LA CPIO (Community Plan Implementation Overlay). This was a major milestone of the South LA NCP program! Click on 'Welcome" tab on the left or on 'News" tab on top of this page, for more information on the CPIO. We expect to publicly release an updated Draft of the South LA Community Plan Policy Document and the Draft EIR by end of 2013 or early 2014.
Major steps in NCP Process:
· Phase I Outreach (2007)
- Information Gathering: Meet with groups such as, Neighborhood Councils, CRA-Community advisory committees, community organizations, advocacy groups, residents, business owners and other south la stakeholders..etc Staff also conducted land use survey of existing land uses.
· Phase II Outreach (2008)
- Revisit with summary of community input and potential implementation alternatives.Visited many of the groups listed above, in addition to conducting small group/focus groups with local residents and stakeholders, conducted throughout the various neighborhoods of the plan area. South LA Community Plan Advisory Committee was established to further engage the community of South LA. South LA Stakeholders were appointed by the designated South LA Council Offices. (See CPAC tab for more info)
· Phase III Outreach (2009)
- 2 Public Workshops: Present preliminary plan concepts and gather additional feedback.
· Technical Phase (in progress)
- Prepare draft plan, land use change map, overlays & Draft Environmental Impact Report (DEIR), draft ordinances and maps..etc
Phase IV Outreach (In Progress for year 2013)
- Starting in August 2013, planning staff launched the 'Neighborhood Council 2013 Briefings Round', in order to present to board and public status and overview of the South LA NCP. We are visiting all Neighborhood Councils that are located within the South LA Plan boundary (10 NCs in total). See 'Meetings/Outreach' tab for list of previous and future meetings.
· Phase V Outreach (Outreach Plan for 2014)
-Staff will launch the 'Neighborhood Council 2014 Discussion Round' where we will further engage and continue our discussion with the neighborhood council and public, focusing on the draft SLA-NCP, changes including detailed discussion of the draft South LA CPIO)
· Phase VI Outreach (Adoption Phase-Part1)
- Open House & Public Hearing conducted by a Hearing Officer. Hearing will take place within the South LA community to facilitate access: Display draft Plan and final EIR (FEIR) and receive comments/testimony from the community.
· Phase VII Outreach (Adoption Phase PartII)
- Present draft South LA Plan and Final EIR at public hearings before the following:
1) South Los Angeles Area Planning Commission (APC)
2) City Planning Commission (CPC)
3) Planning & Land Use Management Committee (PLUM)
4) City Council