Since 2007, the Department of City Planning has conducted an extensive public outreach program as part of the South LA NCP. Our public outreach program is ongoing. Currently Planning Staff is attending all Neighborhood Councils located within the South LA Plan boundary, we are on the agenda to present status report of the South LA NCP.
The next SLA-CPAC Meetings is:
Thursday, April 17th, 2014 at 6PMConstituent Service Center
8475 S. Vermont Ave, LA-90037
SLA CPAC Meetings are typically scheduled on the 3rd Thursday of every month, unless otherwise noted. The following are the remaining scheduled dates for 2014:
Previous Meetings and Workshops:
Below are sample materials from several major outreach meetings:
· Phase I Public Outreach (2007)
- Meet with Neighborhood councils, community organizations and residents for first round of public outreach.
· Phase II Public Outreach (2008)
· Phase III Public Outreach (2009)
- Two Public Workshops were conducted. Staff presented preliminary plan concepts and gathered feedback. The first Public Workshop was held at the Galen Center on October 2009. The second workshop was held at the Constituent Service Center on November 2009. See below.
Oct. 2009 - Galen Center Joint Public Workshop for South & Southeast LA Community Plans
On October 3, 2009 nearly 200 community members participated at South & Southeast LA Joint Public Workshop at the Galen Center. The event featured stations and display boards highlighting some of the proposed changes related to neighborhood conservation, enhancement of commercial corridors and planning around the Expo Stations.
- More info on this event - Maps/Displays of Preliminary Recommendations
- in the news - read article here
Nov. 2009 - SLA Public Workshop at Constituent Service Center.
This workshop was intended to present and discuss the preliminary recommendations for the New Plan that address growth and the top issues brought up by community members throughout South Los Angeles.
WHAT WE HEARD FROM THE COMMUNITY
Click here to view a summary of the Issues & Opportunities identified by the community.
PUBLIC PARTICIPATION PROCESS
MAP OF THE PREVIOUS MEETINGS LOCATIONS
Click here to see the map (does not include all meetings)
PHOTO GALLERY PUBLIC MEETINGS AND WORKSHOPS