Application fee: $30 USD (payable at time of application and is non-refundable)
Program fee: A large proportion of the program
cost is subsidized by a Ford Foundation Grant.
The direct cost to each participant for the 2 months experience will be $600
This program fee is due upon notification of selection into the program
and secures one of the limited placement slots.
Costs: What's Included ?
- Seven weeks of unpaid internship
- Internship placement in one of the cities in
South China or Shanghai
- All Documents needed to request a visa from the
Chinese Embassy or Consulate.
- General Orientation in Hong
Kong and Zhuhai, PRC
(accommodations during the orientation are included)
- Transportation costs from Hong
Kong to Zhuhai
- Student Medical insurance for 2 months
- Closing ceremony banquet and Certificate presentation
Program DOES NOT include:
- Accommodations during the 7 week internship
- (Living arrangements will vary from host to host;
project staff and host company will help with securing living arrangement.)
- Air-tickets (America
to Hong Kong or domestic air tickets within China from Zhuhai to placement
- Travel insurance (if desired)
- Visa fee charged by the Chinese Government – US
Passport holders do not need a visa to Hong Kong.
- If your application is not accepted after selection, the application fee will not be refunded.
- The program fee will not be refunded if participants decided to withdraw from the program in the middle of the placement process.
- If a visa is denied by the Chinese Embassy or Consulate, $500 of the program fee will be returned. Participants should provide the proof of visa denial which includes either of the following 1) denial stamp in passport or 2) visa denial letter issued by a Chinese Embassy or Consulate
- Failure to participate in visa interview is not considered as 'visa denial'.