pulse, a new tremulous map.
No, my map Pulse is not dead, I will finish it later, when some bugs in the tremulous engine will be fixed. The first bug (#2809) is about outdoor area that do not hurt everyone in the area, and the second one (#2757) is about spectators that failed to go through doors.
By the way, I will release the source of my map when it will be finished. This include the .map file and the terragen source file. Shaders, trail and particles are already available in the .pk3 file.
this site. Do not forget to comment them on the official forum. You can find related forum thread in this section. Usualy, new maps can be tested online on the #db@ Derelict (Pub Test) server ( IP: 18.104.22.168:30722 ).
Thanks to rico for helping me to debug pulse yesterday evening. He has succeed to launch a network game with cheat mode enabled.
I have found, in a hidden place on the web, the new drecht model and texture for tremulous 2, note the realistic fur lighting !
And the ingame screenshots:
New model :
- from the landing platform to the base entrance : 20 sec.
- from the base entrance (human base) to the wearhouse (alien base) : 15 sec.
- from the base entrance to the generator room : 15 sec.
- from the generator room to the wearhouse : 10 sec. ( add 4 sec. if both lift are not here )
Discussion dans le forum français.
The BETA 3 has been released. Please try and comment it in this forum thread.
You can test the map on this server: #db@ Derelict (Pub Test) ( IP: 22.214.171.124:30722 )
Server status can be checked on this page ( right side )
Pulse has been tested on a private server during 3 hours this evening. Some minor bugs has been found but nothing really serious. So the release date will be maintained. Thanks a lot to darkWolf, krisk91 and survivor for the testing !
14 new screenshots to illustrate the BETA3 (here).
I have to make more tests with DarkWolf before releasing the BETA3. I will unfortunately delay the release about 2 or 3 days. Morover Dolby is working on glurp1.wav & glurp2.wav for the end of the weekend.
There is a new tip about toggleable doors on my tips page.
Some figures about pulse :
- compile time: 2h20
- brushes: 11423
- shaders: 742
- lightmaps: 80
By the way, the command lines I used to compile the BETA3 are:
- BSP stage:
q3map2.exe -game quake3 -fs_game base -fs_basepath "x:\tremulous" -v -bsp -v -custinfoparms -samplesize 16 -meta -patchmeta -rename -skyfix pulse_97.map
- VIS stage:
q3map2.exe -game quake3 -fs_game base -fs_basepath "x:\tremulous" -v -vis -v -saveprt pulse_97.map
- LIGHT stage:
q3map2.exe -game quake3 -fs_game base -fs_basepath "x:\tremulous" -v -light -v -custinfoparms -samplesize 16 -fast -fastgrid -patchshadows -samples 2 -super 2 -filter -bounce 2 -fastbounce pulse_97.map
Some details about the BETA3 of pulse :
- Outdoor candy-eye enhancements : rain of meteorite, ambiant sounds, mushrooms, ...
- Outdoor area is now nobuild.
- Outdoor Hurt system has been temporarily disabled ( until next Tremulous release ).
- Aliens and Humans have a better initial base.
- New way from "watch tower" to "base entrance" ( ).
- New way from the broken generator to the outside of the base.
- Extension of the "bedroom vent" to "after the security door".
- Lift system has been redone ( sounds, speed, switchs, ... ).
- Simplified burshs geometry in generators room.
- New hidden places for Aliens or Humans.
- Colored and sharpen signs.
- FPS optimization ( by PVS reduction )
- Lot of bug correction.
- Record glurp1.wav
- Record glurp2.wav
Mailing list subscription has been fixed ! ( bottom of this page )
Tremulous Particules and trails systems are very fun, I have played with them this arfernoon and look the result in in the screenshots section. I use them to create a "rain of meteorites" outside the base ( in-game effect is VERY nice ! ). I just have one issue with bounceSound : the sound is not played.
Three new pulse in-game screenshots has been added.
I invite tremulous map creators to comment (in this thread) some ideas I have about new entities:
You are HERE:
It is just a screenshot from Google Analytics, and I can see where you come from :)
Next week I will release the last BETA version of my map pulse. I think that the current state of the map is pretty good. A lot of bug fixing/optimizations/enhancements has been done since the BETA 2 version.
You can add your last suggestion about the map on the official forum in this thread. Thanks.
Some new links has beed added to my tips page. I have also made a list of the tools I used to create my map.
The next version of tremulous will have an improved version of trigger_teleport.
A new flag ( SPECTATOR = bit 1 ) will be available to teleport spectators only.
Currently, when you create a func_door, the game engine will automatically create two teleports to allow spectators to go through doors without opening them. In some cases, the teleport destination can cross a brush and the spectator can get stuck.
Good news, Timbo asked me that the next version of Tremulous should have a new trigger: target_hurt.
This will allow me to create ONE trigger_multible brush and connect it to a target_hurt.
BTW, I will also connect it to a target_speaker ( bip, bip ) , and a target_print displaying this private message: "[WARNING: critical temperature detected]" ( because some people do not understand why they are hurt outside the base )
One thousand of unique visitors has been reached. Thanks for visiting my page !
Thanks to Basilisco III for his nice ready-to-use tremulous bars :)
I have created a discussion group for my site, you can subscribe here:
- Tremulous home page - official site
- Megabite's Tremulous Infobase - news - new maps - good links
- My useful level editing tips - some usefull tips
- The best wikipedia page - french wikipedia page about Tremulous
- Basilisco's tremulous stuff - neat-looking tremulous bars
- Forum officiel francophone - forum