Welcome to the
Security and OPtimization of
Stochastic Systems Lab,
Security and Optimization Group
at Jacksonville University, Jacksonville, FL.
Our work involves investigating and establishing the structures in the interaction of intelligent agents with conflicting & mutually unknown motivations in stochastic systems. This problem manifests in optimization & security situations of computational, biological, and socio-economic systems.
In SOPSS Lab we work on many related areas of computational sciences. The work involves
- mathematical modeling,
- information theory, and
- the design & analyses of algorithms for learning & optimization,
- design and development of optimization and security and recommendation systems.
Vivek Shandilya Ph.D.
PI, SOPSS Lab.,
Department of Computing Sciences,
214 Merritt Penticoff, Jacksonville University,
Voice: 904-256-7324 Fax: 9042567573
Updates are at
- Our paper ( Faisal Alsubaei, Abdullah Abuhussein, Vivek Shandilya, Sajjan Shiva, IoMT-SAF: Internet of Medical Things Security Assessment Framework) got accepted in Elsevier's journal on Internet of Things.
- Dr. Shandilya accepted the invitation to be on the technical committee of The 4th International Conference on Information Systems Engineering (ICISE2019).
- A guest lecture by Dr. Peeyush Sahay, Research Associate at Bionano Photonics lab, at University of Memphis, on "Computational aspects of cancer detection using optical methods" on 8 March 2018, at 9:30AM in 270 DCOB.
- Our Paper (E. Aldhahri, V. Shandilya, S. Shiva. Crowdsourcing multi-objective recommendation system got accepted in the The Web Conference 2018 (WWW2018), April 23rd, Lyon, France).
- A guest lecture by Dr. Chris Simmons, Assistant Professor at the School of Computing in Lipscombe University, Nashville, TN, on "Penetration testing, A practical approach to network security." on 14 November 2017, at 9:30AM in 166A Meritt Penticoff.
- Dr. Shandilya was a visiting scientist at cognaction lab (now Communicative Mind Lab at UCLA) at University of California, Merced in July 2017.
- Our paper ( Shandilya, V. and Shiva, S. On a Generic Security Game Model ) was accepted in Int. J. Communications , Network and System Sciences .
- Our paper (Denise Ferebee, Vivek Shandilya, et al. A secure framework for mHealth data analytics with visualization. ) was accepted in 35th IEEE International Performance Computing and Communications Conference (IPCCC), 2016.