It's on! We're gearing up 
for Valley Gives, the third annual 24-hour celebration of generosity.
During Valley Gives, western Massachusetts nonprofits collaborate
with the goal of getting thousands of Valley residents to support their
favorite nonprofits. By participating, donors will help charities become
eligible for special prize totaling $200,000.  


 Donate on 12.10.14

  to help us raise money for historic education, preservation and community sharing by giving generously to

The Sons and Daughters of Hawley, Inc.

The 1846 Meetinghouse

Home of the Sons and Daughters of Hawley.

The Sons and Daughters of Hawley, Inc will celebrate its 113 anniversary this August, 2013.  The members have met every year except for one year during WWII.

The Meetinghouse is handicap accessible from the rear of the building. There is handicap parking at the rear as well. Restrooms are across the street at the Hawley Grove

This web site includes a link to our quarterly newsletter, The Edge of Hawley.

It  includes our Calendar of Events.
It includes a link to our project website "Rediscovering Hawley's Old Town Common."
It will include photos of events.
It will include a file cabinet with articles about Hawley's history.
It will include a listing of town events and meetings of importance.

Here is My Story is a collaborative area for others to add their stories of Hawley's former glory and history.

For information about the Town of Hawley, follow this link. No log-in is needed.

If you would like to join the Sons and Daughters of Hawley,Inc., we welcome you. Click on the Membership Form, print it out, fill it out, and mail it to the address on the form, And welcome.


The Hawley Grove 

This is our new Hawley Grove building which was donated to the Sons and Daughters of Hawley by the Holyoke Boys and Girls Club in January 2006.

It has been renovated to serve as a community center for the town.

The Grove building is located across the street from the 1846 Meetinghouse in a grove of old maple trees. It was the site of a former stage coach tavern built in the mid 1800's and removed in the 1960's after being condemned.

The building is about 3000 sq ft and has a large common room. It is handicap accessible and has a kitchen, bathrooms, storage space and in time, a museum/records area.  It is the largest public space in Hawley and will be used by the organization and by the community at large.

If you would like to use the building, contact Serra Root at 413-339-5592 or serraroot@hughes.net.

Hawley's Old Town Common

Hawley's Old Town Common is an historic site with walking trails that describes Hawley's early years.  The site is located near the intersection of East Hawley Road and Forget Road, about 1 mile north of the Meetinghouse.

An Archeological Dig at Old Town Common took  place in the fall of 2011. ti was repeated again in the fall of 2012 and then in the summer of 2014 we conducted an Archaeology Field Training School for middle and high schools age students. For more information, visit  Archaeology at Mohawk.

It was a joint effort of the Hawley Historical Commission, the Sons and Daughters of Hawley and the Mohawk Trail Regional High School. The programs have been funded by grant from MassHumanities, Mary Lyon Foundation and a Kickstarter Campaign.

Subpages (2): About Us Membership Form