Researcher at CNRS
Short BioI am a CNRS researcher at the LIRIS lab, in the DRIM group, since October 2009. Before that, I was a research associate at University College London (UCL) for two years, working with Licia Capra.
I received my PhD in 2007 from University Pierre et Marie Curie (Paris 6), which I did under the supervision of Valérie Issarny and Nikolaos Georgantas in the INRIA ARLES project-team.
- Reliable and Privacy-Preserving Distributed Systems
- Middleware for Mobile Environments
- PRIVA'MOV (Labex IMU): Mobility & Privacy: from crowdsensing to data analysis. 2013-2016.
- EEXCESS (EU FP7 IP): Enhancing Europe’s eXchange in Cultural Educational and Scientific Resource. 2013-2017.
Vice-Chair of the French chapter of the ACM SIGOPS (ASF)
Program committees (a selection since 2014-)
IEEE ICDCS 2016, DAIS 2016, IEEE SRDS 2016, ICSOC 2015, ACM/IFIP/Usenix Middleware 2015, IEEE IPDPS 2015, DAIS 2015, IEEE ICAC 2015, Compas 2015.
Selected Book Chapters / Journals
- (New) Trust Management and Reputation Systems in Mobile Participatory Sensing Applications: A Survey. Computer Networks. Elsevier 2015. (To appear)
- (New) Hybrid service matchmaking in ambient assisted living environments based on context-aware service modeling. Aitor Urbieta, Alejandra González-Beltrán, Sonia Ben Mokhtar, Jorge Parra, Licia Capra, M. Anwar Hossain, Abdulhameed Alelaiwi, Juan Ignacio Vázquez. Cluster Computing, Springer, 2015.
- A Delay and Cost Balancing Protocol for Message Routing in Mobile Delay Tolerant Networks. Jingwei Miao, Omar Hasan, Sonia Ben Mokhtar, Lionel Brunie, Gabriele Gianini. Ad Hoc Networks, Elsevier, Volume 25, Part B, P430–443. 2015.
- An investigation on the unwillingness of nodes to participate in mobile delay tolerant network routing. Jingwei Miao, Omar Hasan, Sonia Ben Mokhtar, Lionel Brunie and K. Yim. Elsevier International Journal of Information Management. 2013.
- Fair content dissemination in participatory DTNs. Afra J. Mashhadi, Sonia Ben Mokhtar, Licia Capra. Ad Hoc Networks, Elsevier, Volume 10(8), pp 1633-1645. 2012.
- Sonia Ben Mokhtar, Nikolaos Georgantas, Valerie Issarny, Pierre-Guillaume Raverdy, and Marco Autili. Service Discovery in Pervasive Computing Environments. MIT book "At your service". Book Chapter. 2009.
- Semantic-aware Services for the Mobile Computing Environment. Nikolaos Georgantas, Sonia Ben Mokhtar, Ferda Tartanoglu, Valérie Issarny. In Architecting Dependable Systems III. LNCS 3549, pp 1-35. Springer.2005.
- (New) RACOON: A Framework for the Design of Accountable Selfish-Resilient Cooperative Systems. In proceedings of the 34th IEEE Symposium on Reliable Distributed Systems (IEEE SRDS'15). 2015. To appear.
- (New) PEAS: Private, Efficient and Accurate Web Search. In proceedings of the 14th IEEE International Conference on Trust, Security and Privacy in Computing and Communications (IEEE TrustCom'15). 2015. To appear.
- (New) Time Distortion Anonymization for the Publication of Mobility Data with High Utility. In proceedings of the 14th IEEE International Conference on Trust, Security and Privacy in Computing and Communications (IEEE TrustCom'15). 2015. To appear.
- FullReview: Practical Accountability in Presence of Selfish Nodes. In proceedings of The 33rd IEEE Symposium on Reliable Distributed Systems (IEEE SRDS'14). 2014. (Paper below)
- AcTinG: Accurate Freerider Tracking in Gossip. In proceedings of The 33rd IEEE Symposium on Reliable Distributed Systems (IEEE SRDS'14). 2014. (Paper below)
- Differentially Private Location Privacy in Practice. In Mobile Security Technologies (MOST) co-located with S&P 2014. (Paper below)
- Pierre-Louis Aublin, Sonia Ben Mokhtar and Vivien Quéma. RBFT: Redundant Byzantine Fault Tolerance. In proceedings of the 33rd International Conference on Distributed Computing Systems (IEEE ICDCS'13). 2013. (Paper below)
- Sonia Ben Mokhtar, Gautier Berthou, Amadou Diarra, Vivien Quéma and Ali Shoker. RAC: a Freerider-resilient, Scalable, Anonymous Communication Protocol. In proceedings of the 33rd International Conference on Distributed Computing Systems (IEEE ICDCS'13). 2013. (Paper below)
- Sonia Ben Mokhtar, Alessio Pace and Vivien Quéma. FireSpam: Spam Resilient Gossiping in the BAR Model. In Proceedings of the International Symposium on Reliable Distributed Systems (IEEE SRDS'10). 2010.
- Afra Meshhadi, Sonia Ben Mokhtar, Licia Capra. Habit: Leveraging Human Mobility and Social Network for Efficient Content Dissemination in MANETs. In Proceedings of the International Symposium on aWorld of Wireless, Mobile and Multimedia Networks (IEEE WoWMoM'09). 2009.
- Sonia Ben Mokhtar, Anupam Kaul, Nikolaos Georgantas, Valérie Issarny. Efficient Semantic Service Discovery in Pervasive Computing Environments. In Proceedings of the International Middleware Conference(Middleware). 2006.