adapted from Ina
Garten at foodnetwork.com
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 2 1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 1/3 cup grated lemon zest (6 to 8
- 3 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice, divided
- 3/4 cup buttermilk, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Cream the butter and 2 cups sugar. Add the eggs and lemon zest.
3. Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, 1/4 cup lemon
juice, the buttermilk, and vanilla.
4. Fill baking cups 1/2 full of batter and bake for 19 minutes. Let cool
Pink Lemonade Buttercream
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 4 tbsp. pink lemonade concentrate
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- 4 cups powdered sugar
1. Cream together the butter and shortening. Add the lemon zest,
Alternately add the powdered sugar and the lemonade concentrate (start
with the sugar), mixing between additions.