- Research Interests: Econometrics, Applied Microeconomics, Statistics
- New Working Papers
- "Identifying Effects of Multivalued Treatments" (with Bernard Salanie). Updated: March 2016.
- "Optimal Data Collection for Randomized Control Trials" (with Pedro Carneiro and Daniel Wilhelm). Updated: March 2016.
- Go to Working Papers and Publications
- Forthcoming Publications
- "International Trends in Technological Progress: Evidence from Patent Citations, 1980-2011" (with Soonwoo Kwon and Jihong Lee), Economic Journal, forthcoming.
- "Do Institutions Affect Social Preferences? Evidence from Divided Korea" (with Byung-Yeon Kim, Syngjoo Choi, Jungmin Lee, and Kyunghui Choi). Journal of Comparative Economics, forthcoming.
- Selected Publications
- "The Lasso for High Dimensional Regression with a Possible Change Point" (with Myung Hwan Seo and Youngki Shin). Journal of the Royal Statistical Society: Series B (Statistical Methodology), 78: 193–210, 2016.
- "Local Identification of Nonparametric and Semiparametric Models" (with Xiaohong Chen, Victor Chernozhukov, and Whitney Newey), Econometrica, 82: 785-809, 2014.
- "Intersection Bounds: Estimation and Inference" (with Victor Chernozhukov and Adam Rosen), Econometrica, 81: 667-737, 2013.
- "Trends in Quality-Adjusted Skill Premia in the United States, 1960-2000" (with Pedro Carneiro), American Economic Review, 101: 2309-49, 2011.
- "Is Distance Dying at Last? Falling Home Bias in Fixed Effects Models of Patent Citations" (with Rachel Griffith and John Van Reenen), Quantitative Economics, 2: 211-249, 2011.
- "Testing for Threshold Effects in Regression Models" (with Myung Hwan Seo and Youngki Shin), Journal of the American Statistical Association, 106: 220-231, 2011.
- "Testing for Stochastic Monotonicity" (with Oliver Linton and Yoon-Jae Whang), Econometrica, 77: 585-602, 2009.
- "Estimating Distributions of Potential Outcomes Using Local Instrumental Variables with an Application to Changes in College Enrollment and Wage Inequality" (with Pedro Carneiro), Journal of Econometrics, 149: 191-208. 2009.
- "Nonparametric Instrumental Variables Estimation of a Quantile Regression Model" (with Joel L. Horowitz), Econometrica, 75: 1191-1208, 2007.
- "Endogeneity in Quantile Regression Models: A Control Function Approach", Journal of Econometrics, 141: 1131-1158, 2007.
- "Identification of a Competing Risks Model with Unknown Transformations of Latent Failure Times", Biometrika, 93: 996-1002, 2006.
- "Nonparametric Estimation of an Additive Quantile Regression Model" (with Joel L. Horowitz), Journal of the American Statistical Association, 100: 1238-1249, 2005.
- "Efficient Semiparametric Estimation of a Partially Linear Quantile Regression Model", Econometric Theory, 19: 1-31, 2003.