Professor, Department of Economics, Seoul National University Currently on leave from Seoul National University
Research Staff, Cemmap
Mailing Address: Department of Economics, Seoul National University, 1 Gwanak-ro, Gwanak-gu, Seoul, 151-742, Korea
Email: sokbae at gmail.com; sokbae at snu.ac.kr
- Research Interests: Econometrics, Applied Microeconomics, Statistics
- Working Papers
- Corrigendum to "Characterization of the Asymptotic Distribution of Semiparametric M-Estimators" (with Hidehiko Ichimura). Posted: February 2015.
- "International Trends in Technological Progress: Evidence from Patent Citations, 1980-2011" (with Soonwoo Kwon and Jihong Lee). Updated: December 2014.
- "Do Institutions Affect Social Preferences? Evidence from Divided Korea" (with Byung-Yeon Kim, Syngjoo Choi, Jungmin Lee, and Kyunghui Choi). [Online appendices] Updated: December 2014.
- "Structural Change in Sparsity" (with Yuan Liao, Myung Hwan Seo, and Youngki Shin). Updated: November 2014.
- "The Identification Power of Smoothness Assumptions in Models with Counterfactual Outcomes" (with Wooyoung Kim, Koohyun Kwon, and Soonwoo Kwon). Updated: October 2014.
- "Nonparametric Tests of Conditional Treatment Effects with an Application to Single-Sex Schooling on Academic Achievements" (with Minsu Chang and Yoon-Jae Whang). Updated: September 2014.
- "Recombinant Innovation and the Boundaries of the Firm" (with Rachel Griffith and Bas Straathof).
- "A Contribution to the Reinhart and Rogoff Debate: Not 90 Percent but Maybe 30 Percent" (with Hyunmin Park, Myung Hwan Seo, and Youngki Shin).
- "Testing for a General Class of Functional Inequalities" (with Kyungchul Song and Yoon-Jae Whang).
- Forthcoming and Recent Publications
- "The Lasso for High-Dimensional Regression with a Possible Change-Point" (with Myung Hwan Seo and Youngki Shin). Accepted for publication in the Journal of the Royal Statistical Society: Series B.
- "Implementing Intersection Bounds in Stata" (with Victor Chernozhukov, Wooyoung Kim, and Adam Rosen). Accepted for publication in the Stata Journal.
- "Maximum Score Estimation with Nonparametrically Generated Regressors" (with Le-Yu Chen and Myung Jae Sung), Econometrics Journal, 17: 271-300, 2014.
- "Local Identification of Nonparametric and Semiparametric Models" (with Xiaohong Chen, Victor Chernozhukov, and Whitney Newey), Econometrica, 82: 785-809, 2014.
- Selected Publications
- "Intersection Bounds: Estimation and Inference" (with Victor
Chernozhukov and Adam Rosen), Econometrica, 81: 667-737, 2013.
- "Trends in Quality-Adjusted Skill Premia in the United States, 1960-2000" (with Pedro Carneiro), American Economic Review, 101: 2309-49,
- "Testing for Threshold Effects in Regression Models" (with Myung Hwan Seo and Youngki Shin), Journal of the American Statistical Association, 106: 220-231, 2011.
- "Testing for Stochastic Monotonicity" (with Oliver Linton and Yoon-Jae Whang), Econometrica, 77: 585-602,
- "Nonparametric Instrumental Variables Estimation of a Quantile
Regression Model" (with Joel L. Horowitz), Econometrica, 75: 1191-1208,
- "Nonparametric Estimation of an Additive Quantile Regression Model" (with Joel L. Horowitz), Journal of the American Statistical Association, 100: 1238-1249, 2005.
- Working Papers and Publications