Facultad de Ciencias Exactas y Naturales
Universidad Nacional de Cuyo
School of Mathematics and Physics
Queen's University Belfast
Northern Ireland, UKEmail: m.del-popolo[at]qub.ac.uk
Our research activity involves the use of computer simulations and statistical mechanics to investigate systems and processes of interest in biophysics and soft condensed matter physics. The leading motivation for our work is to develop atomistic and coarse-grained models of materials, as well as novel numerical algorithms, to simulate fluids, solids and interfaces across different time- and length-scales.
Current Research Lines
- Pores' nucleation and electroporation of lipid bilayers
- Peptides and nanoparticles' transport across bio-membranes
- Electro-optical properties of voltage-sensitive dyes in bio-membranes
- Effect of ions and polyelectrolytes on Langmuir monolayers
- Microporous liquids, or fluids made of "hollow molecules"
- Room temperature ionic liquids
- Head of Teaching / Director de Carrera - Lic. en Cs. Básicas con Orientación en Química