I am currently working as a senior software engineer for Intel Corporation at Santa Clara, California.
Previously, I was working as a research scientist at Intel labs Barcelona and I was part of the ARCO group.
I finished my PhD at the University
of Edinburgh. My supervisor was Dr. Mahesh
K. Marina, and I was part of the Wireless &
Mobile networking (WiMo) research group. My PhD thesis focuses on the design of interference-aware adaptive spectrum management mechanisms for wireless networks using unlicensed frequency bands.
Before starting my PhD at the University of Edinburgh, I
obtained my MSc in 2006 in Computer Science also at the University of
Edinburgh under the supervision of Dr. Stratis
Viglas and a BSc in
Computer Science in 2004 from the University
Currently, my interests revolve around simulators, compilers and code generation, and data mining.
Before joining Intel in Santa Clara, my research while at Intel labs Barcelona focused on the development of novel techniques that will improve the energy efficiency of future multi-core systems.
Before joining Intel Barcelona, I was working on spectrum management for wireless networks using unlicensed bands. My research interests include wireless networking, protocols for next-generation wireless networks, self-organising networks/multi-agent systems.
- "An Iterative and Truthful Multi-Unit Auction Scheme for Coordinated Spectrum White Space Sharing .", S. Manickam, M. K. Marina, S. Pediaditaki and M. Nekovee. Proceedings of W-PIN+NetEcon (with ACM SIGMETRICS), June 2014.
- "Auctioning based Coordinated TV White Space Spectrum Sharing for Home Networks .", S. Manickam, M. K. Marina, S. Pediaditaki and M. Nekovee. Technical Report (available as CoRR abs/1307.0962), Jul 2013.
- "Traffic-Aware Channel Width Adaptation in Long-Distance 802.11 Mesh Networks." S. Pediaditaki, M. K. Marina and D. Tyrode. Proceedings of the ACM International Conference on Modeling, Analysis and Simulation of Wireless and Mobile Systems (MSWIM), Paphos, Cyprus, October 2012.
- "On the Importance of Loss Differentiation for Link Adaptation in Wireless LANs." L. Kriara, S. Pediaditaki and M. K. Marina. Proceedings of IEEE European Wireless Conference (EW), Poznan, Poland, April 2012.
- "A Learning-based Approach for Distributed Multi-Radio Channel Allocation in Wireless Mesh Networks." S. Pediaditaki, P. Arrieta and M. K. Marina. Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Network Protocols (ICNP), Princeton, USA, October 2009.
- "A Learning-based Channel Allocation Protocol for Multi-Radio Wireless Mesh Networks." S. Pediaditaki and M. K. Marina. Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Computer Communications (INFOCOM) student workshop, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, April 2009.
- "Online Curriculum on the Semantic Web: The CSD-UoC Portal for Peer-to-Peer e-learning." D. Kotzinos, S. Pediaditaki, A. Apostolidis, N. Athanasis. and V. Christophides Proceedings of the 14th International World Wide Web Conference (WWW2005), Chiba, Japan, May 2005.
- "Online Curriculum on the Semantic Web: The CSD-UoC Courses Portal." A. Apostolidis, N. Athanasis, S. Pediaditaki, D. Kotzinos and V. Christophides. Proceedings of the 2nd ist workshop on Metadata Management in Grid and P2P Systems (MMGPS): Models, Services and Architectures, December 2004.
- "A Learning-based Channel Allocation Protocol for Multi-Radio Wireless Mesh Networks." Sofia Pediaditaki and Mahesh K. Marina. Informatics Jamboree Poster Competition, University of Edinburgh, December 2008.
- "A Machine Learning Approach to Loss Differentiation Solution in 802.11 Wireless Networks", Multi-Services Workshop (MSN), July 2009.
- "A Learning-based Channel Allocation Protocol for Multi-Radio Wireless Mesh Networks", Scottish Networking Event (SCONE), September 2008.