This site is the official Grand Blanc Soccer website with information pertaining to both the girls and boys teams. Grand Blanc High School plays it's home games at Don Bachelor Field on the campus of Grand Blanc High School. The soccer program at Grand Blanc is proud to see a successful boys and girls program that has brought KLAA league championships, District Championships, Regional Championships, and appearances in the State title game. The Grand Blanc Community Schools Soccer Parents Inc is a volunteer booster organization that is dedicated to supporting the High School boys and girls soccer teams.
Grand Blanc Soccer Championships
Commitment to Excellence
Upcoming EventsFitness - GBHS Track 9am - 10:15amTuesday, July 7thThursday, July 9thTuesday, July 14thThursday, July 16thTuesday, July 21stThursday, July 23rdTuesday, July 28thThursday, July 30th
July 3rd 2020 - Coach Kehler Update:
The outdoor season has been delayed and won't start on July 8th. The Genesee Fieldhouse is waiting for the governor to advance us to the next phase before they make a move to playing games.
Fitness will resume with the same restrictions as before.
Here are the dates: The time will be from 9:00 - 10:15
- Tuesday, July 7th
- Thursday, July 9th
- Tuesday, July 14th
- Thursday, July 16th
- Tuesday, July 21st
- Thursday, July 23rd
- Tuesday, July 28th
- Thursday, July 30th
June 11th 2020 - Coach Kehler Update:
This is Greg Kehler and I want to get a note out about the boy's summer fitness. This is coming out very late due to the ever changing rules due to the pandemic. First, I hope all of you and your families have been healthy and safe during this trying time.
We will be starting our fitness sessions June 12th at 9:00 AM at the Grand Blanc High School track. If the boy's can't make it on June 12th, no problem, since this is getting out so late.
Here is what the players will need to bring with them:
- Water Bottle
- Mask - Not required when engaging in fitness but must be worn when they arrive
- Hand sanitizer - We'll try to have a big bottle as well
What we will do every fitness session:
- Check-in each player
- Check Temperature - If 100.3 or above, will be asked to go back home
- Covid questionnaire - 5 question (Yes/No); If answer is yes to any question, player may not participate
** Mike Katz, our trainer will be onsite tomorrow to discuss all the guidelines
Schedule: (Time will be from 9:00 am - 10:15am)
- Friday, June 12
- Tuesday, June 16
- Thursday, June 18
- Monday, June 22
- Thursday, June 25
Plan is to take the July 4th week off and continue back on the week of July 7th
I will also speak to the boy's tomorrow about captains practices which is something we've done for years. My take right now is to wait until July 8. The reason for this date is that the summer league is scheduled to start then and run to July 31st.
Again, these sessions are not mandatory but recommended. I know with everyone being isolated for so long, everyone is looking forward to getting back into a new normal routine taking vacations and such.
June 3rd 2020 - Jerrod Dohm (GB Athletic Director ) Update:
We have been approved to begin out of season summer activities beginning Friday, June 12th. No out of season summer activities can begin until June 12th. Coaches MUST follow the “modified step 2” guidelines in the MHSAA document Link to guidelines. Please read the entire document carefully. You will find sport specific information in the document.
Some key points of emphasis…
- Only outdoor activities can resume. Indoor facilities remain closed. Gatherings must be of 100 people or less and social distancing of 6 ft must be followed.
- Coaches and student athletes must wear masks. Athletes can remove their masks when conditioning or doing aerobic exercise.
- We MUST keep proper records and use the athlete attendance/monitoring form: Link to Form. If an athlete answers yes to any of the questions on the form, or has a temperature above 100.3, they are not allowed to practice and must be sent home. Please notify their parents that they are returning home. Coaches must also complete the attendance/monitoring form. We have touchless thermometers that we will bring to your workouts. Attendance/monitoring forms need to be turned in after every gathering. These can be scanned and emailed to me.
- Equipment used during workouts needs to be disinfected intermittently per the MHSAA guidelines. We have multi-surface cleaner and disinfectant in the athletic office. Athletes need to bring their own hand-sanitizer.
- Athletes need to bring their own water, food, and towels. Sharing of water, food, and towels is not permitted. Water will not be provided.
- Inform your players that if they test positive for Covid-19 they need to notify Mike Katz, Athletic Trainer (248-807-1637), and the Athletic Department (810-591-4301). Their name will remain confidential. This will allow us to pull your attendance records and notify those individuals who may have been exposed.
June 3rd 2020 - Sally Piggot (Office of the AD) Update:
- Pre-participation Physical Evaluation - Due to concerns regarding access to primary care providers during the late spring and early summer, the MHSAA will allow a one-year extension of a previous year’s physical on file, with the utilization of an MHSAA Sports Health Questionnaire to be completed by athletes and parents. Link to form.
- Incoming 9th graders from GB Middle Schools - The Athletics Department will obtain your physical form from your middle school if you had one on file.
- New to Grand Blanc - If you had an MHSAA sports physical on file at your previous school, please ask them to scan and email: firstname.lastname@example.org
June 3rd 2020 - Coach Kehler Update:
- High School Boy’s Summer 11 v 11 League - Will begin on Wednesday, July 8th and run through July 31st. Games are played at Bi-Centennial Park on Sunday and Wednesday afternoons and evenings. Any games that get rained out will be played on Friday, July 31st, or any other alternate date while the Fieldhouse is still closed for activity. Games are played on the hour, following 2 x 25 minute halves. Coach is still determining the roster and will be in contact with players.
- Balconi Tournament
- Petosky Tournament - This is currently scheduled for the Saturday August 28th. More info to follow.
- High School Schedule