- Software Analyst, Verizon Data Service India Pvt. Ltd., Dec 2006 - June 2007.
- Software Engineer, Verizon Data Service India Pvt. Ltd., June 2005 – Nov 2006
Set Top Box Client - Verizon FiOS TV (04/01/06 - 06/29/07)
Software’s used: C/C++, Motorola DCT API Compilers: Cygwin, CodeWarrior
Product developed for Verizon’s FTTP customers
Description : Set Top Box Client is an embedded application which runs in Motorola’s STBs. It is aimed at the FTTP (Fiber to the premises) customers who receive audio, video and data through Fiber. It runs on DCT API developed by Motorola with the OS being Cygwin for Core STB and CodeWarrior for Advanced STB. It has five entities in it viz, Application, Middleware, Abstraction Layer, Operating Systems & Hardware Our Application interacts directly with the hardware by making use of DCT APIs provided by Motorola. The application contains logic for both the User Interfaces and Middleware of various modules.
• Developing the middleware of Favorites module which allows a user to assign channels as Favorite channels using the remote. These favorite channels are accessible to the user through various features running on the STB.
Developing a prototype of the Call Center Application’s server, which
runs on the Set Top Box and takes snapshots of the application on the
TV and streams it to the a client PC connected to the Server using TCP
IP protocol. This application enables Call Center service people to
connect to the Set Top Box of a client remotely and to resolve their
Developing Fantasy Football Application client in collaboration with
ESPN for Verizon’s STB. This application is used by Registered Fantasy
Football players to look at how the team they have formed is scoring
during an ongoing Football match in ESPN.
• Developing User Interface for Pay-per-view(PPV). PPV is a feature where the user can buy events/programs which are telecast targeting only the customers who are authorized to view it by purchasing it.
• Designing and coding the client side module for Message Center which is a feature using which Verizon / third party can promulgate messages targeting a particular STB/Group of STBs identified by Zip code, customer profile. etc.
• Reviewing existing modules, coordinating with the respective developer for fixing issues, if any.
Verizon iobi, RSS Aggregator & Stock Quotes Widget (09/01/05 - 03/31/06)
Softwares used: VC++ / MFC/ COM / ATL / XML / UIML
Operating System: Any Windows O/S higher or equivalent to 98 version
Product developed for the clients of Verizon.
iobi : is an integration of three products viz, iobi-Web, iobi-Client and iobi-Phone, access points of which are Web Browser, Desktop application and Verizon Telecom devices respectively. It gives seamless customer experience by making all the Telephone devices of customers integrated through the above said access points which offers features much more than call management. I have been engaged with iobi desktop client application developed in VC++ which communicates with web services through XML/SOAP. iobi as a whole has five abstract layers viz, Client app, Web app, Client-Web services, Bizz layer and Back-end(Data reservoirs). iobi-Client has three layers namely User Interface, Business and Messaging Layer. It has many Plug-ins which are COM components developed through MFC or ATL. Each Plug-in has its own user interfaces and Business layer. Messaging layer takes care of posting requests of Business objects, receiving responses and events from the web services and notifying the Business and UI Objects.
RSS Aggregator : Really Simple Syndication is a concept used by many content publishers to garner and publish any web contents. It comes as a separate plug-in (ActiveX Control) to iobi-client application which enables user to subscribe, export, import and view and share various Blogs and RSS Links. It also fetches the Blogs available in Address- Book(separate plug-in of iobi). It also automatically notifies the user through toasts of updated news articles that the user has subscribed to. It has most of the requirements laid down by Microsoft for a good aggregator to have.
Stock Quotes : This is another feature iobi offers. The user can subscribe to any company code and watch its trend. This module hits third party Web Services to obtain data and displays the information on the Homepage of the iobi.
• Designing, coding, debugging and testing RSS Aggregator.
• Fixing Incident Reports and Crashes of the iobi-Client application.
• Looking after any issues that arise with respect to Message Center which is a component in iobi.