- 1 tub Greek whole milk yogurt or sour cream
- 1 cucumber, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced.
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest plus 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice.
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill.
- 1 tsp fresh or dried mint
- salt and freshly cracked black pepper.
- Put the cucumber pieces in a sieve with salt and let the water drain out this makes the sauce not too sloppy
- When most of the liquid has drained from the grated cucumber, spread it out over a tea towel and pat dry.
- Combine with the garlic mixture, then stir through the yoghurt until evenly distributed.
- Finely chop the dill and mint leaves, then fold through the yoghurt mixture along with a squeeze of lemon juice.
- Season with salt to taste.
- Serve with warm pita or carrot sticks