Courgette and Carrot cake Muffins
Post date: Jul 11, 2014 9:56:32 PM
Courgette and Carrot Cake Muffins - adapted from my carrot cake muffins
- 50g courgettes.
- 50g carrots
- 1 apple, peeled and quartered
- 1 orange, halved
- 2 egg ( mine are small free range eggs)
- 75g butter, melted
- 300g self-raising flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 100g caster sugar
- handful of sultanas ( optional) so that if you have a fussy one like me that hates sultanas leave them out!
The How to
1. Grate the courgette, carrots and apple into a bowl and squeeze in the juice of the orange and add your sultanas if you want them.
2. Preheat the oven to 190 degrees C or 370 F and line a muffin tin
3. Add the eggs and the melted butter to your bowl - mix well.
4. Place the flour, cinnamon and baking powder into a sieve and sieve into the vegetable mix
5. Finally add in the caster sugar and mix together the whole thing making a thick muffin batter.
6. Place in the muffin cases and put in the oven for 20-25 minutes until fully cooked.
You can decorate them with soft cheese frosting if you like, although they are tasty on their own and handier for lunch boxes without it, they also freeze well. It is a great way to get veggies into kids and if they love carrot cake they will love these muffins.