- 1.Pull all the plugs
- 2.Rotate engine clockwise using a ratchet, with your finger over the #1 cylinder spark plug
hole until you feel pressure building in the cylinder.
- 3.Now screw in your piston stop and gently rotate crank until the piston hits the stop.
- 4.If your checking the damper mark it where it lines up with the timing mark on the cover
or pointer. If you are trying to locate a cover mark them mark the cover where the damper
mark lines up.
- 5.Reverse the rotation and bring the crank back around until it touches the stop again.
- 6.Make your second mark.
- 7.1/2 the distance between the marks is TDC.