Seniors have generally lived in their homes for a lifetime, surrounded by items carrying family history and special memories. Smooth Transitions of Southern Indiana will work with our clients to determine their goals, establish a timeline, and draft a plan in order to accomplish them. Consider us as your own personal project manager overseeing each step of the moving process.
Not ready to move? We also offer organizational services. Let us help you clean out and organize areas of your home (closets, kitchen, garage, etc.).
Our services begin with a FREE in-home consultation and needs assessment.
- Helping decide which items to take to new home
- Developing floor plan for new home
- Completely pack and facilitate the move from the old home
- Assisting with moving arrangements
- On-site moving day co-ordination
- Completely unpack and setup the new home
- Settling-in services, such as making beds, setting up kitchen and bath, removing packing materials
- Changing of utilities and transferring magazine subscriptions, newspapers and mail
- Coordinating move with senior living facility
- Communicating with family members throughout moving process
- Help get treasures to loved ones.
- Thoughtfully sort and decide what to keep, sell, donate to charitable organizations or recycle
- Confidentially destroying outdated personal records
- Arranging for trash removal and disposal of toxic materials
- Coordinating with realtor to prepare home for staging and sale
- Sell items via an online auction or estate sale to help offset your cost to transition
Every move is unique to the individual or situation. We are not limited by the services listed above. If you have special needs or require services not mentioned here, please let us know. We will happily assist you in whatever you need, however big or small.
Charges are based on an hourly rate plus expenses. A deposit is required upon signing of the contract. The sale of items left over in the home, often cover the costs of our services.
To learn more about pricing details please Contact Us.