source: adapted from David
Lebovitz, The Perfect Scoop
Yields: about 1 quart (1l)
- 1 pound (450g) strawberries, rinsed and hulled
- 2/3 cup (130g) sugar
- optional: 2 teaspoons vodka or kirsch
- 1 cup (240g) plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Slice the strawberries into small pieces. Toss in a bowl with the
sugar and vodka or kirsch (if using) until the sugar begins to
dissolve. Cover with plastic wrap and let stand at room temperature for
2 hours, stirring every so often.
- Reserve 1/4 cup of the strawberries on the side. Transfer the
remainder of the strawberries and their juice to a blender or food
processor. Add the yogurt and fresh lemon juice. Pulse the machine until
the mixture is smooth. If you wish, press mixture through a mesh
strainer to remove any seeds.
- Chill for 1 hour, then freeze in your ice cream maker according to
the manufacturer's instructions.