Welcome to the Sports PageOn this page you can find a list of all the sports that
are available to be played at Mary's, view their individual pages, see
a list of upcoming fixtures and recent results.
You can also access the gym calendar to see what times are available to book the gym if you want to.The
beauty of college sport is that it allows you to play at a less serious
level if you wish, or take up a new sport you've always wanted to try,
but if you want to play sport at a higher level, there are many Team
Durham clubs who regularly compete against other universities.
Durham's college sport programme is larger than any other intra-mural competition offered in Britain and there is an opportunity for male and female students to compete in 15 sports, across over 380 different teams, on a weekly basis.
Those who perform exceptionally well in any college sport are awarded with college sports colours at the end of the year.
If you want any more information about sport or the gym then the College Sports Officers are here to help with the following׃
- Ensuring the gym is well-run and safe, with high-quality equipment.
- Providing information about starting up a new club.
- Advertising fixtures.
- Being the link between college sport and Team Durham and keeping college informed about events.
- Liasing with college sports captains and improving relations between clubs.
- Providing information about how to get involved with Team Durham clubs.
- Basically answering any sports-related questions.
If we can help in any way, please do get in touch with us via email or alternatively just give us a shout if you see us around college.
Craig and Alice, your friendly neighbourhood Team Durham Reps.
Female Senior Team Durham Rep- Emily Bartle
Come and see me if you have any questions about the following:
- How to get involved with any college or university sport.
- Setting up a sports team.
- Booking a gym slot.
- Getting in contact with a sports club captain.
- Any more information about anything sports-related.
I can be contacted at:
Male Senior Team Durham Rep- Johnny Maunder
Team Durham Reps deal with all of St Mary's sports needs, from matches
to the gym. Contact me if you want help with the following:
- You want to book the gym for your team or club
- You want to set up a Sports team
- You want to be able to get in contact with Sports club/team captain
- You want to know how to get involved with uni or college sport
- or you want any other information about sport
I can be reached at
Sports Clubs in Mary's
Click on the individual sport to see more about what is offered in Mary's.
Sports facilities at Durham
The Graham Sports Centre at Maiden
Castle is the main site for Durham University Sport. The centre is set
in spacious grounds on the outskirts of Durham and boasts an impressive
range of facilities including:
are also facilities at our Racecourse site, which is situated less than
five minutes walk from the Graham Sports Centre. The facilities include:
- 5 football pitches, 4 rugby pitches, 2 lacrosse pitches, 3 training pitches.
- 1 high-performance weights roo, 1 fitness suite, over 20 ergos.
- 2 squash courts.
- 4 lane athletics trac.
- 3-court sports hall.
- 1 floodlit sand-based astroturf, 1 floodlit water-based astroturf.
- 1 floodlit rubber crumb surface - new for 2009-10.
- 2 netball courts.
- 3 playdeck tennis courts, 3 grass tennis courts.
- 2 cricket pitches.
- Offices & meeting room.
- Bar and restaurant.