- Well-documented and purposefully implemented programmes for Year 1-8 classes.
- Full coverage of the New Zealand Curriculum, with enrichment activities in core subjects.
- National Standards: Implemented 2010
- Regular reporting to parents of pupils’ effort and subsequent progress.
- National Literacy Project: 2004-2005 & Numeracy Project: 2006-2008.
- Extension programmes: for gifted students in English, Mathematics and Science.
- Eighteen High Distinctions in the Australasian International competitions (2001-2009).
- Secondary School entrance and scholarship successes: St Andrew’s College Scholarship (2005); Christ’s College Scholarship (2006 x2), 2007 & 2008; Rangi Ruru Girls’ School Bursary (2006).
- Te Reo Maori Years 1-8 and French Years 6-8.
- Merit and Honours’ card system to endorse and reward pupil performance.
- Otago Problem Solving success: 13th placing (2003), 21st placing (2004), 3rd placing (2008) from 40,000 Year 7 entrants nationwide.
- Science Fair Canterbury Westland Awards: 2002-2009.
- CantaMaths: 3rd placing in Year 7 competition (2008).
- Annual cross country, athletics and swimming sports.
- Cricket, hockey, netball, tennis, rugby, touch rugby and soccer coaching.
- Success at Independent and Canterbury Schools’ sporting and inter-school events.
- Outdoor Education experiences, which includes camps for Years 5-8.
- Weekly whole School celebrations of Mass in St. Michael’s and All Angels Anglican Church or in the hall.
- Assembly and class programme of religious teaching for all students.
- Compulsory School services i.e. Mothering Sunday, Founders’ Day Service, and Carol Service.
- Annual opportunities for student baptisms and welcome to Holy Communion.
- A wide range of instrumental tuition.
- An accomplished orchestra, displaying a range of keyboard, percussion, string and woodwind instruments.
- Chapel and School choirs.
- Opportunities to represent the school at the Christchurch Music Festival and local events.
- Annual poetry and speech contests.
- Annual whole School production or School concert.
- Annual School House Music Festival.
- Kapahaka Group which performs at the Christchurch Cultural Festival.