- Van Koten, S. and Ortmann, A., In Print. Self-regulating organizations under the shadow of governmental oversight: An experimental investigation. Research in Experimental Economics.
- Van Koten, S. and Ortmann, A., 2013. Structural versus Behavioral Remedies in the Deregulation of Electricity Markets: An Experimental Investigation Guided by Theory and Policy Concerns. European Economic Review 64, 256-265.
- Van Koten, S., Ortmann, A. & Babický, V., 2013. "Fairness in Risky Environments: Theory and Evidence". GAMES.
- Van Koten, S., 2013. Legally separated joint ownership of buyer and seller in electricity markets. European Journal of Law and Economics.
- Van Koten, S., 2012. Merchant Interconnector Projects by Generators in the EU: Effects on Profitability and Allocation of Capacity. Energy Policy.
- Van Koten, S. & Ortmann, A., 2008. The Unbundling Regime for Electricity Utilities in the EU: A Case of Legislative and Regulatory Capture?, Energy Economics.
- Raaijmakers, M., Van Koten, S. & Molenaar, P.C.M., 1996. On
the validity of simulating stagewise development by means of PDP
networks: application of catastrophe analysis and an experimental test
of rule-like network performance. Cognitive Science.