Silvester van Koten
Charles University, Center for Economic Research and Graduate Education (CERGE)
Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, Economics Institute (EI)
P.O.Box 882, Politickych veznu 7, 111 21 Prague 1, Czech Republic
I am an Assistant professor at the University of Economics and a Post-Doc Fellow at CERGE-EI, both in Prague, and an Adviser in Energy Training of the Florence School of Regulation. Presently I am a visiting professor at the Российская академия народного хозяйства и государственной службы при Президенте Российской Федерации.
I write articles and I also teach on a variety of topics such as economic courses and presentation skills. I have publications in Energy Policy, Energy Economics, the European Journal of Law and Economics, and Cognitive Science.
- Van Koten, S. and Ortmann, A., 2013. Structural versus Behavioral Remedies in the Deregulation of Electricity Markets: An Experimental Investigation Guided by Theory and Policy Concerns. European Economic Review 64, 256-265.
- Van Koten, S., Ortmann, A. & Babický, V., 2013. "Fairness in Risky Environments: Theory and Evidence". GAMES.
- Van Koten, S., 2012. Merchant Interconnector Projects by Generators in the EU: Effects on Profitability and Allocation of Capacity. Energy Policy.
- Van Koten, S., 2011. Legally separated joint ownership of buyer and seller in electricity markets. Forthcoming in the European Journal of Law and Economics.
- Van Koten, S. & Ortmann, A., 2008. The Unbundling Regime for Electricity Utilities in the EU: A Case of Legislative and Regulatory Capture?, Energy Economics.
- Raaijmakers, M., Van Koten, S. & Molenaar, P.C.M., 1996. On
the validity of simulating stagewise development by means of PDP
networks: application of catastrophe analysis and an experimental test
of rule-like network performance. Cognitive Science.