Welcome to the Sluice Box 100 Website!
- A Message from the Race Director:
The rumors are true. I am no longer directing the Sluice Box 100.
I was willing to direct one race and after much thought and feedback, I chose to direct the White Mountain 100 which was looking for a new director.
I have heard considerable interest in the Sluice Box continuing, but someone has to set up. I know George Berry (firstname.lastname@example.org) is potentially
seeking a team to collectively keep the Sluice Box alive. Races don’t happen by themselves and they take more man hours then most realize.
Thank you for helping make this race great, it was just time for me to move on.
You've heard of the midnight sun, blood-thirsty mosquitoes, and gold-rich terrain that define Interior Alaska. Here's your opportunity to test yourself against these challenges of the last frontier along with 12,000-foot elevation gain, swamp crossings, and crusty sourdoughs with guns during the inaugural Sluice Box 100-mile adventure race in Fairbanks, Alaska.
Mountain bike or run across Fairbanks' sun-drenched domes, dropping to the valley floor between each one to swim in Goldstream Creek or check in at the local watering holes. Leave the headlamp at home, but bring your headnet!
- Date: Saturday June 28 to Sunday June 29, 2014
- Start: 7:00 AM Alaska Time, Saturday June 28th, 2014
- Location: Alaska Dog Musher's Hall at 925 Farmer's Loop Road. Divisions:
- Individual Run
- Individual Bike
- Relay Run and Relay Bike - You decide how many, up to 5 people.
Registration Dates and Cost:
Mandatory Pre-Race Meeting!
- Registration is open now!
- The costs are:
- Individuals (runners or bikers): $150
- 2-person Relay $100.00 per person
- 3-person relay $85.00 per person
- 4-person relay $75.00 per person
- 5-person relay $65.00 per person
- Late registration May 15 through June 15th :
- Individuals: $175.00
- 2-person Relay: $125.00 per person
- 3-person relay: $110.00 per person
- 4-person relay: $100.00 per person
- 5-person relay: $90.00 personOur limit is 65 individuals and 35 relay teams.
- Date: Friday June 27, 2014
- Time: 5:00 PM Alaska Daylight Time
- Location: Reichardt room 201, on the University of Alaska Campus. Directions can be found here.
- If you plan on having drop bags, please bring them to the RACE START. Bags will be delivered to each of the four checkpoints and finish line. Please have them boldly labeled (Your name and location) and tightly closed so items don't fall out while being transported. We will attempt to get the checkpoint drop bags to the finish line, but this will not happen until the checkpoints are closed. Remaining drop bags will be brought to the post race party.